Learn how to teach ten basic behaviors easily and quickly.
In this unique video course, School For The Dogs’ co-founder Annie Grossman brings dog owners a digital, detailed blueprint of how to train dogs in a way that is effective and fun.
By focusing on concepts rather than behaviors, this course will provide any dog owner with the knowledge and a new skill set that will last a lifetime.
Lively Video Lessons: 25+ short video lessons on the science and technology of animal training.
Foundational Information: Fundamental steps and exercises that can be used at any stage of training.
In-Depth Explanations: Clear and understandable guidance on how to approach dog training in a science-driven, force and pain-free manner.
Additional Resources: Recommended reading and listening materials.
Access: Lifetime membership to our closed Facebook Group.
In this course, you can expect to walk away understanding how to:
- Approach dog training from a science and behavior-based point of view, and understand why that is so important.
- Understand how dogs learn, and what kind of learning to focus on at different levels of development.
- Welcome a dog into your home and introduce new experiences in the appropriate way.
- Capitalize on your dog's ability to learn by the association in order to change emotions in a way that will change your dog's behavior.
- Construct your dog's physical environment in a way that will maximize the chances of getting the behaviors you want.
- Maximize your dog's potential by using meals to your advantage.
- Use play in training appropriately.
- Understand the technical difference between punishment and reinforcement, and how to use each effectively and humanely.
- Use a "marker" to teach new behaviors.
- Put new behaviors on cue.
- Train a "building block" foundational behavior that can be used to train countless new things.
Annie Grossman has been training dogs since graduating from the Karen Pryor Academy in 2010. She and Kate Senisi started School For The Dogs in her living room in 2011. She is School For The Dogs' director of operations, runs its online store, and hosts School For The Dogs Podcast.
"I think of this course as an exploded version of what I work on with clients in our first one or two sessions together. I wanted to give people the experience of sitting down with a trainer, but this format allowed me to add so much to that experience in the form of videos, animations, illustrations, and expanded resources. I really believe that giving people a quick overview of how behavior functions in the animal world can help transform how they approach life with a dog. Nothing excites me more than watching people realize how fun and interesting dog training can be!" --Annie Grossman