The FitPAWS® TRAX™ Donut Ball is a uniquely-shaped inflatable fitness ball designed specifically for dogs. Its flattened base offers more stability than other inflatables. With your assistance, your dog can learn to stand, sit, lay, sidestep, and perform other beneficial exercises.
The subtle movement of the Donut under your dog’s weight causes a shift in your dog’s center of gravity. Your dog will naturally try and maintain balance, causing the muscles to engage and strengthen.
- Special TRAX™ Design Provides Superior Grip and Stability
- Features TRAX™ Neuro Stimulation Bumps
- Burst Resistant to 300 lbs. – Designed to Deflate Slowly If Punctured
The FitPAWS® TRAX™ Donut will work for most small, medium, and large dogs for weight-bearing and balance exercises (2 paws on Donut, 2 paws on floor). If you plan to use your FitPAWS® TRAX™ Donut mainly for core conditioning, measure the length of your dog when it is standing from the front legs to the back legs. Your dog should be able to stand in a natural stance on the top of the Donut without being hunched over. If your dog’s natural stance measures 16” or less, you will be able to use the Donut for core training. Small breeds and puppies should fit fine.
Your dog should be able to stand on top of the TRAX™ Donut in a natural stance without being hunched over. If your dog’s natural stance (from front feet to back feet) measures 16” (40.5 cm) or less, you will be able to use the TRAX™ Donut for Core Training.
If your dog’s natural stance is more than 16” you can use the FitPAWS TRAX™ Donut with two feet on the ground and two feet on the Donut for weight-bearing exercises. You can also use two TRAX™ Donuts, or combine them with other FitPAWS products. The goal is to maintain a neutral spine.
How To Inflate
- Remove the TRAX™ Donut from the bag.
- Locate the plug(s) taped to the ball and set them aside.
- Using a hand pump or compressor, inflate the ball. Place the plugin hole when inflation is complete. Push plugin firmly.
- Adjust the air amount inside of the TRAX™ Donut for different balance challenges. WAIT 24 Hours and fill all of the ways. At full inflation, the Donut has less dynamic movement and so is less challenging for your dog. To increase the -balance challenge, remove air slightly so that the Donut has more dynamic movement.
- For best performance, you should be able to depress the surface easily, approximately 2” with your -fingertips, soft to the touch. Any inflatable that is stretched too tight has the potential to burst.