The Leash Belt from Squishy Face Studio connects to any leash, allowing hands-free walking while also giving you peace of mind that you can’t accidentally drop the leash if your dog unexpectedly tries to chase something.
While the Leash Belt won’t stop your dog’s pulling behavior but instead it relieves your frustration as well as the arm, shoulder, and upper back pain associated with a constantly pulling dog. The Leash Belt spreads your dog’s pulling force out over a 2” wide belt that goes around your hips – right at your center of gravity. This gives you better balance, no pain, and your frustration melts away. Then you have the opportunity to work on training techniques to minimize your dog’s leash pulling without pain and frustration.
Leash NOT included! The Leash Belt is designed to work with your existing leash.
- The only hands-free dog walking aid on the market that can be used with any standard style leash as well as retractable leashes.
- Made in the USA using materials tested for strength and durability.
- Simple, easy to use design with quick release buckle closures.
- Comfortable, 2-inch wide belt strap won’t dig in like more narrow belts.
- Can be used for walking, running, hiking, biking, hunting, and training.
- Great for hands-free obedience training to keep dogs close and under control.
- More easily walk multiple dogs.
- Compatible with clip-on pouches for treats or waste bags.
- Available in 4 colors and 2 adjustable sizes.
Measure around your hips at their widest point and then order the Leash Belt size where your measurement is within the adjustment range.
The Small-Medium size adjusts from 29”-42” and the Medium-Large size adjusts from 35”-54”.
Please inquire about custom sizes if neither of the two standard sizes will work for you.
Leash Belt Instructions
1. Before attaching a leash to the Leash Belt, adjust the length using the metal tri-glide slider so it fits snugly enough around your hips.
2. Secure the Leash Belt around you with the larger 2” plastic buckle and make sure it clicks together without any clothing being pinched by the buckle. Give it a tug to make sure the buckle is properly secured.
3. Open the smaller 1” plastic buckle and thread it through the handle(s) of your leash(es).
4. Secure the small buckle, making sure it clicks together without any clothing or leash handle being pinched by the buckle. Give it a tug to make sure the buckle is properly secured.
Safety Warnings & Tips:
- We recommend wearing the Leash Belt on or just below your hips for optimal comfort and balance.
- The Leash Belt can be used with any regular style leash that has a handle loop as well as retractable leashes.
- Retractable leashes compliment the Leash Belt very well but we HIGHLY recommend using a retractable leash with a maximum extension of 6’ or less such as the Flexi City model.
- We recommend attaching no more than 4 leashes to the Leash Belt at a time.
- Be aware that it is possible to be pulled to the ground by large dogs that are not well behaved on a leash.
- Never use the Leash Belt to walk more and/or larger dogs than you would be comfortable walking without using the Leash Belt.
- Be aware that it is possible to trip over a leash if a dog crosses in front of you.
- In case of emergency, either of the two plastic buckles on the Leash Belt can be quickly released with one hand to detach yourself from your dog(s).
- Inspect the Leash Belt periodically and discontinue use immediately if the damage is found. The Leash Belt will be replaced or refunded for a period of one year from purchase if damage occurs from normal use.